Should You Hire a Wedding Planner?
Are you trying to decide whether to hire a professional wedding planner or do it yourself? Take a look at this rudimentary collection of chores and details that are required to pull of a successful wedding. You’ll probably want to run and find the nearest wedding planner or consultant.
However, throwing a great wedding without a wedding planner can be done. It might require some additional help from friends and family, but that might make the big day all the more special.
Here is a list of basic details that go into a wedding, followed by a pros and cons list of hiring a professional wedding planner.
Invitations & Transportation
Does your venue for the ceremony and reception change? You’ll have to plan transportation if it does. And what about the invitations, which come with their own set of challenges.
The Church or Venue For The Ceremony
When you find the place for your ceremony, you also need to find someone to officiate. You may also need baptism certificates depending on your religion. Additionally, you have to consider between rice, confetti, something else entirely or nothing at all.
Then, you have to figure out who sits where, will there be ushers, where will the bridesmaids and best men go? What about the flower girls, music, wardrobe, flowers etc. Oh and there are the vows you have to write and all the rehearsals.
Finding the right venue takes time, consultations and an overall big effort. Along with the reception you have to find caterers. This can be a stressful task as well. Usually finding a caterer in the area is best, but you also want to find one that can handle dietary restrictions and allergies.
Once you find the right caterer, you have to plan the menu, the bar and the service. Not to mention the wedding cake.
Choosing a photographer is both easy and challenging. You have to decide if you want stills and videos as well as if you want digital, film or both.
This doesn’t cover all the chores required to pull off a wedding, but it gives you an idea.
Does hiring a wedding planner sound like a good idea?
Pros and Cons For Hiring a Wedding Planner
A big reason why you may not want to hire a wedding planner is because of your budget. A professional wedding planner will know how to do everything from beginning to end to ensure your wedding is seamless. However, there are, of course, pros and cons.
Cons For Hiring a Wedding Planner
- You have enough free time in your schedule, you may not need the extra help
- Hiring a wedding planner takes you over budget
- You don’t have total control
- The wedding planners ideas may be expensive
- Your wedding may not feel as personal
- You may end up feeling detached from your own wedding
- It might be difficult to find a wedding planner you connect with
Pros For Hiring a Wedding Planner
- Less on your plate for you to enjoy the wedding
- You might find new ideas that you never thought of
- Less stress
- They will handle anything that goes wrong
- They might be able to get you discounts you wouldn’t have been able to get on your own
- Wedding planners are knowledgeable and can give you advice
- Someone else has everything under control